Monday, December 12, 2011

Chapter 9-12 Blog

Life gets though and everyone has someone or something that keeps them going. A lot of people have things that help them make it through tough times weather they realize what it is or not. Some people will talk to their friends about what is going on other people might just bottle it up and spend their time watching TV to escape what is bothering them. Some ways of dealing with a troubling time work better and are more healthy than others. Like a person who uses watching TV, playing video games or reading to escape what is troubling them. These things may help the person short term but as soon as their TV show ends, their game is done or they put down the book the same problems await them. So these solutions may seem like good ways to deal with a problem but in the end they really don't help that much.
Some better ways of dealing with these problems would be talking with your friends about what is going on or tackling the problem weather it be by yourself or with help. If you actually try to take on what is troubling you then you wont have to deal with it anymore after you overcome it. But the problem may seem to big or like to much for you to handle which is one reason why you are struggling with it in the first place so if you ask for some help through whatever is bringing you down it will help out a lot. Or maybe the problem could be easily taken on but you really just need some help working it out because you don't really know how to handle it so you can talk it out with your friends who are there to help you.
I know personally that when a tough times come some of the first things I do are look to God, my friends and leaders in my life for help and guidance. The first thing I try to do is look to God because He runs everything and seeing as he runs everything praying to Him asking Him for help through the situation, why it is happening and what I should do really do help. I don't always do this first and when I don't do this first whatever I am dealing with is that much more difficult compared to the times where I have gone to God first. Another thing I do is go to the leaders in my life from youth group. Through my time in high school I have become really good friends with my youth pastor and one of the volunteer leaders at a youth group. When there is something that is really bothering me or that I need help with they are also who I go to because they have more life experience than I do and I feel like their advice will really help me out. My friends are another place I go when I need help with whatever might be bothering me because they are easy to talk. I think that all three of these things have really helped me though tough times that have come in my life.
I also think that everyone should have these things in their lives to help them through whatever they might be having a tough time with. I think that having friends that you can talk to is huge because if you dont life is going to be really tought because you shouldnt go through life alone. Also having leaders or mentors in your life will be helpful because they have more experience with life than you do.